Sunday, February 21, 2010

1st Sunday of Lent

So, I've started another blog. I'll try not to be too verbose. I've had my other blog, The Minorcan Factor, for over three years now, but decided a second one would be beneficial. As the title may suggest, this blog is to focus on my spiritual life, an area that has seen a lot of growth over the past year.

In case you're wondering, the phrase Omnes hones et goriae est means All glory and honor is His.

A nice phrase to be sure; it's a p
araphrase of one of my favorite prayers, in fact. As nice as it sounds, though, it can be really tough to apply that to my everyday life. I hope to show you why in my writings.

I have started this blog to share my the thoughts. It seems that, over the past few months, I have been gifted with many thoughts that I would like to write down and share. This has directly correlated with an increase in prayer and meditation on Scripture.

Today is the first Sunday of Lent, a time of renewal and re-consecration of our spirit to God. I see this journal as a way of helping me do that. I hope whoever may read this can take some kind of comfort in my words...Or can share in the failures and sins that I commit daily. Join me!

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love the name of your blog. Lent for me is a very special time for looking inward and taking hold of the behaviors that keep me from honoring and giving glory to God! It is my conscious decision to love God with my whole heart and soul and live each day for His glory,not just at LENT but ALL times. This decision ensures that my prayer life will be active because I NEED HIM; every minute, every day! Thank you Jesus for the life YOU gave for ME!!!

    ReplyDelete